Overlanding is an exciting way to explore the outdoors and get off the beaten path. Here are ten things you should bring with you when going overlanding:
1. Reliable Vehicle: The most important thing you will need when going overlanding is a reliable vehicle that can handle the terrain you plan on traveling on.
2. Navigation Tools: Bring maps, GPS, and a compass to help you navigate and avoid getting lost.
3. Communication Devices: Bring a satellite phone or a two-way radio to stay in touch with the outside world in case of emergency.
4. Camping Gear: Bring a tent or rooftop tent, sleeping bags, and cooking equipment to ensure you have a comfortable place to sleep and eat.
5. Water and Food: Bring enough water and food to last the duration of your trip, and pack extra just in case.
6. Clothing: Dress in layers and pack clothes appropriate for the weather and terrain you will be traveling through.
7. First Aid Kit: A well-stocked first aid kit is essential in case of injury or illness.
8. Tools and Spare Parts: Bring basic tools and spare parts for your vehicle, such as spare tires, extra fuel, and a jack.
9. Personal Hygiene Items: Bring items such as toilet paper, camp shower, soap, and a towel to keep yourself clean and hygienic while camping.
10. Emergency Supplies: Bring a fire starter, flashlight, extra batteries and emergency blanket to help you survive in case of unexpected circumstances.
Most importantly, pack what YOU want to enjoy yourself! There is no strict guideline to going overlanding so just stay safe, have fun and get outdoors!